The M.D. of Wainwright is situated in the heart of the agriculture and oil industries and is a major partner with one of Canada’s largest military training bases. This makes the M.D. of Wainwright an area of diverse wealth both socially and economically and allows us to provide our residents with many services and the benefit of low taxes.
In addition, the M.D. of Wainwright offers various historical and recreational attractions for residents and visitors.
The M.D. of Wainwright is a progressive community that is a great place to live, work and raise a family. We are glad to welcome you.
Controlled burn at CFB Wainwright
Please be advised that CFB Wainwright will be conducting another controlled burn near the Ascot area on Monday, October 22, 2018 starting around 8:30 AM with the possibility of extending it to Tuesday October 23, 2018. The base plans to burn off the whole east fence line along the Ascot side and an area South by the S curves on Highway 41. Residents in this area should expect a significant amount of smoke during the burning.
$25,000 Funding from Farm Credit Canada
The M.D. of Wainwright and the Irma Fire Department were pleased to announce that it has received $25,000 in funding from Farm Credit Canada through their AgriSpirit Fund. These funds will be utilized to purchase a water tanker truck for the Irma Fire & Rescue Department which will greatly improve emergency services within the M.D.
Riverdale Mini-Park Survey
A survey was conducted during the comaping season at Riverdale Mini-Park and at Arm lake Recreation Area in order to get feedback from our guests at the end of their visit. Those who participated were entered into a draw. Four winners of a $50.00 gift certificate were drawn for Riverdale Mini-Park and four winners of a $50.00 gift certificate were drawn for Arm Lake Recreation Area. The draw was made on September 21st, 2018 and the winners will be contacted by the M.D.
Temporary Road Closure
The M.D. of Wainwright and Waste Management would like to remind everyone that the following items are unacceptable waste for front load bins.
- No appliances or furniture
- Hazardous materials or any container having contained such material
- Free liquids, oily wastes, oil filters oily rags, sludge’s and semi-solids
- Solvents, greases, empty containers
- Paint, thinner or remover cans (unless RCRA empty, solidified or triple rinsed
- Treated wood, railroad ties, industrial waste
- Animal wastes and / or carcasses
- Drums / containers (sealed)
- Burned debris
- Compressed cylinders (propane, oxygen etc.)
- Batteries, transformer, ballasts
- Household chemicals
- Herbicides and pesticide containers
- Hydrocarbon soils
- Biomedical waste
- Fluorescent tubes
- Radioactive materials, naturally occurring (NORM)
Thank you from the M.D. of Wainwright No. 61 and Waste Management
On-Farm Energy Management Program
The On-Farm Energy Management Program along with the On Farm Solar Photovoltaics (PV) Program formally found within the Growing Forward 2 Program have moved. The On-Farm Energy Management Program now called the Farm Energy and Agri-Processing Program or FEAP can be found at www.agriculture.alberta.ca/feap. The On Farm Solar PV Program is now a provincially ran program and can be found at http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/general/progserv.nsf/all/pgmsrv464. Both websites will provide the terms and conditions, funding list and application form for there respective programs. Stayed tuned for more details regarding the Canadian Agriculture Partnership. If you would like more information you can contact Tanis at the M.D. office 780-842-4454
Alberta Environmental Farm Plan Renewal
Effective April 1, 2018
- Producers who have an EFP older than 10 years will have to renew their EFP to eligible for new funding under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program (CAP)
- It is strongly recommended that producers complete the renewal online to make future renewals easier,
Why is Alberta EFP instituting a renewal period?
- Alberta is the only province that does not have a renewal period. EFP is harmonizing nationally and they expect all prov-inces will harmonize the renewal period
- EFP’s are part of sustainable sourcing programs in Canada (potato sustainability initiative, proAction, VBP). Alberta EFP is anticipating more initiatives will use EFP as the Environmental backbone of their sustainable sourcing initiative.
Who decided the renewal period would be instituted?
Alberta EFP Stakeholder Advisory Committee approved the renewal period
What does this mean to me?
For producers if you to apply for CAP grants you will need to have a current EFP.
Beat the rush by renewing before CAP funding becomes available!!!
Who Can I Contact?
Tanis Ponath, Assistant Agricultural Fieldman & EFP Technician, 780-842-4454
Road Closure Update
Road Closure Update
The M.D. of Wainwright has re-opened the 4 miles West of highway 897 on Twp Rd. 454.
The 1 mile of construction road on TWP 464 between RR 55 and 60 is still closed.
Thank you for your cooperation.