The M.D. of Wainwright is situated in the heart of the agriculture and oil industries and is a major partner with one of Canada’s largest military training bases. This makes the M.D. of Wainwright an area of diverse wealth both socially and economically and allows us to provide our residents with many services and the benefit of low taxes.
In addition, the M.D. of Wainwright offers various historical and recreational attractions for residents and visitors.
The M.D. of Wainwright is a progressive community that is a great place to live, work and raise a family. We are glad to welcome you.
Hazardous Round-up at Wainwright Regional Landfill
The M.D. of Wainwright will be supplying garbage roll-off bins for the purpose of a spring cleanup initiative in Fabyan, Ascot Heights and Clear Lake. The bins will be placed at the three different location for a one week perion over the long weekend in May from Wednesday, May 16th to Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 in Fabyan townsite compound, Ascot Heights garbage compound and at the Clear Lake main beach.
For the Hamlet of Greenshields, the M.D. of Wainwright will be picking up pring cleanup materials for a two week perion beginning May 7th to May 17th, 2018. Pickup days will be Monday and Thursday each week. Schedule for pickups would be May 7th, 10th, 14th adn 17th, 2018. Acceptable materials are grass clippings and tree trimmings.
Unacceptable materials for all locations would be tires, appliances, furniture, construction materials, metal, hazardous waste, houshold and yard chemicals and paint. These materials MUST be taken to the Wainwright Regional Waste to Energy Authority (Town dump) for proper disposal.
TransCanada will soon perform a routine maintenance on their natural gas pipeline near NW 36-43-6-W4. For more information on this event please click here.
Grazing School for Women
Updated Road Ban Information
As of Monday April 9, 2018 at 7:00 am the M.D. of Wainwright will have a 75% road ban on certain oiled and gravel roads. Please check here for the latest information.
The Municipal District of Wainwright No. 61 requires that if a ratepayer does not want their roadsides sprayed during the 2018 spraying season they:
- Must pick up a no-spray agreement form from the M.D. Office or download here;
- Must complete the no-spray agreement form and have the LANDOWNER sign the no-spray agreement; and
- Must return the no-spray agreement no later than May 1, 2018.
Ratepayers that request a no-spray agreement are responsible for the control of prohibited noxious and noxious weeds on the Municipal right of way.
NO-SPRAY HAYING AGREEMENT OF ROADSIDES
Ratepayers wanting to hay municipal roadside right of ways:
- Must pick up a No-Spray Haying Agreement of Roadsides from the MD Office or download here;
- Must complete and sign the agreement and have the signature of adjacent LANDOWNERS of other roadside right of ways and returned no later than May 1, 2018.
- Must have bales removed from the roadside right of way within 48 hours and completed by July 15, 2018.
* Neither agreement will be accepted if signed by someone other than the
* If the agreements are not returned by May 1, 2018 they will NOT be honored.
Depending on conditions the brush-spraying program will begin on May 15th, 2018 and general roadside spraying will begin after brush-spraying through until the end of the season.
If you have any questions, please contact James Schwindt – Agricultural Fieldman or Tanis Ponath - Assistant Agricultural Fieldman at the M.D. office at 780-842-4454.
2018 Strychnine Sales
2017 Completed Construction
On-Farm Energy Management Program
The On-Farm Energy Management Program along with the On Farm Solar Photovoltaics (PV) Program formally found within the Growing Forward 2 Program have moved. The On-Farm Energy Management Program now called the Farm Energy and Agri-Processing Program or FEAP can be found at www.agriculture.alberta.ca/feap. The On Farm Solar PV Program is now a provincially ran program and can be found at http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/general/progserv.nsf/all/pgmsrv464. Both websites will provide the terms and conditions, funding list and application form for there respective programs. Stayed tuned for more details regarding the Canadian Agriculture Partnership. If you would like more information you can contact Tanis at the M.D. office 780-842-4454
Alberta Environmental Farm Plan Renewal
Effective April 1, 2018
- Producers who have an EFP older than 10 years will have to renew their EFP to eligible for new funding under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program (CAP)
- It is strongly recommended that producers complete the renewal online to make future renewals easier,
Why is Alberta EFP instituting a renewal period?
- Alberta is the only province that does not have a renewal period. EFP is harmonizing nationally and they expect all prov-inces will harmonize the renewal period
- EFP’s are part of sustainable sourcing programs in Canada (potato sustainability initiative, proAction, VBP). Alberta EFP is anticipating more initiatives will use EFP as the Environmental backbone of their sustainable sourcing initiative.
Who decided the renewal period would be instituted?
Alberta EFP Stakeholder Advisory Committee approved the renewal period
What does this mean to me?
For producers if you to apply for CAP grants you will need to have a current EFP.
Beat the rush by renewing before CAP funding becomes available!!!
Who Can I Contact?
Tanis Ponath, Assistant Agricultural Fieldman & EFP Technician, 780-842-4454
Changes to the Growing Forward On-Farm Solar PV Program
Road Closure Update
Road Closure Update
The M.D. of Wainwright has re-opened the 4 miles West of highway 897 on Twp Rd. 454.
The 1 mile of construction road on TWP 464 between RR 55 and 60 is still closed.
Thank you for your cooperation.