The M.D. of Wainwright is situated in the heart of the agriculture and oil industries and is a major partner with one of Canada’s largest military training bases. This makes the M.D. of Wainwright an area of diverse wealth both socially and economically and allows us to provide our residents with many services and the benefit of low taxes.
In addition, the M.D. of Wainwright offers various historical and recreational attractions for residents and visitors.
The M.D. of Wainwright is a progressive community that is a great place to live, work and raise a family. We are glad to welcome you.
Public Works Operator 1
The M.D. of Wainwright has a challenging, permanent full-time position available in its Public Works Department. This position will directly report to the Director of Transportation. As the successful candidate you will possess excellent organizational, management skills and be able to work with minimal supervision. In addition, a certificate in Small Water Systems and Waste Water Operations would also be required or a willingness to work towards one.
Please see the Employment page for more information.
Fire Permit Restriction LiftedBy concensus of the M.D. of Wainwright Council the Fire Permit issuance restriction has been lifted as of Tuesday, June 5th and Fire Permits are again available from any of the Municipal Fire Wardens including Council, designated staff and Fire Cheif's.
We still urge everyone to take the utmost caution when doing any burning.
The M.D. of Wainwright and Waste Management would like to remind everyone that the following items are unacceptable waste for front load bins.
- No appliances or furniture
- Hazardous materials or any container having contained such material
- Free liquids, oily wastes, oil filters oily rags, sludge’s and semi-solids
- Solvents, greases, empty containers
- Paint, thinner or remover cans (unless RCRA empty, solidified or triple rinsed
- Treated wood, railroad ties, industrial waste
- Animal wastes and / or carcasses
- Drums / containers (sealed)
- Burned debris
- Compressed cylinders (propane, oxygen etc.)
- Batteries, transformer, ballasts
- Household chemicals
- Herbicides and pesticide containers
- Hydrocarbon soils
- Biomedical waste
- Fluorescent tubes
- Radioactive materials, naturally occurring (NORM)
Thank you from the M.D. of Wainwright No. 61 and Waste Management
Rural Municipalities of Alberta - Post Secondary Scholarship Program
The RMA Scholarship Program is designed to encourage young rural Albertans to pursue further education, and thereby enhance the ability of these young people to make meaningful contributions to their communities in subsequent years. A scholarship in the amount of $1,000 is presented to one successful applicant from each of the five districts.
2018 Strychnine Sales
On-Farm Energy Management Program
The On-Farm Energy Management Program along with the On Farm Solar Photovoltaics (PV) Program formally found within the Growing Forward 2 Program have moved. The On-Farm Energy Management Program now called the Farm Energy and Agri-Processing Program or FEAP can be found at www.agriculture.alberta.ca/feap. The On Farm Solar PV Program is now a provincially ran program and can be found at http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/general/progserv.nsf/all/pgmsrv464. Both websites will provide the terms and conditions, funding list and application form for there respective programs. Stayed tuned for more details regarding the Canadian Agriculture Partnership. If you would like more information you can contact Tanis at the M.D. office 780-842-4454
Alberta Environmental Farm Plan Renewal
Effective April 1, 2018
- Producers who have an EFP older than 10 years will have to renew their EFP to eligible for new funding under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program (CAP)
- It is strongly recommended that producers complete the renewal online to make future renewals easier,
Why is Alberta EFP instituting a renewal period?
- Alberta is the only province that does not have a renewal period. EFP is harmonizing nationally and they expect all prov-inces will harmonize the renewal period
- EFP’s are part of sustainable sourcing programs in Canada (potato sustainability initiative, proAction, VBP). Alberta EFP is anticipating more initiatives will use EFP as the Environmental backbone of their sustainable sourcing initiative.
Who decided the renewal period would be instituted?
Alberta EFP Stakeholder Advisory Committee approved the renewal period
What does this mean to me?
For producers if you to apply for CAP grants you will need to have a current EFP.
Beat the rush by renewing before CAP funding becomes available!!!
Who Can I Contact?
Tanis Ponath, Assistant Agricultural Fieldman & EFP Technician, 780-842-4454
Changes to the Growing Forward On-Farm Solar PV Program
Road Closure Update
Road Closure Update
The M.D. of Wainwright has re-opened the 4 miles West of highway 897 on Twp Rd. 454.
The 1 mile of construction road on TWP 464 between RR 55 and 60 is still closed.
Thank you for your cooperation.