Municipal District of Wainwright Calendar Photo Contest
Send us your photos that capture the diversity of our agriculture
and the environment within the M.D. of Wainwright!
Selected photos will be published in a 12-month municipal calendar featuring photos, tips, facts and information on sustainable agriculture and the environment. The 14 photos chosen (the 13TH being the back page and the 14th being the front and back cover) will each be awarded one hundred dollars ($100.00) each. A maximum of 2 winning photos per photographer.
- Photographer must be a municipal ratepayer. Photos must be taken within the M.D. of Wainwright boundaries.
- This contest is open to all amateur photographers, 10 entries per photographer allowed, one photographer per household.
- Maximum of 2 winning photos per photographer.
- Photographs that have been submitted to other contests are not eligible to enter.
- No entry fee required, photos are mailed back to original owner.
- Email entries of photos are not accepted.
- Photos with recognizable humans are not eligible.
- The deadline for photo submission is 2nd Friday of August every year. (one week after Rural Routes Municipal Supper).
The preferred format of photo is original hard-copy, printed 4x6 on photo paper and not mounted. Images in color are favored; however black/white and sepia are also accepted. It is recommended that digital cameras be set at their “highest” or “best” resolution to ensure the highest quality image possible.
Pictures that are submitted must have a completed entry form attached and photos must be clearly labeled with the entrants’ name, address, and phone number on the back side of photograph (it is recommended to use a sticker label on back of photo, as to not have ink bleed into the photo).
Pictures will be selected from each category based on a panel of M.D. of Wainwright judges. Photos will be judged on the merits of clarity and quality, and the unique perspective of the photo(s).
Suggested Categories: 14 pictures
1st: Agriculture, Environment, sustainability. 2nd: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Then final break down into suggested categories as cattle, field crops, equine or other farm animal, recreational activities or municipal areas, farm buildings or machinery, oilfield activity, horticultural, nature or other.
Submission of Entries
|Mail to:||Municipal District of Wainwright No. 61
717 - 14th Avenue
Wainwright, Alberta T9W 1B3
Entries WILL BE returned by mail within 2 months of submission.